Job profile: Commercial Finance Analyst
Reports to: Commercial Finance Manager
Role: Part of the Commercial Finance team responsible for specific areas of Reporting and Analysis
Key accountabilites & responsibilities:
• Weekly & Monthly Asia Pacific Retail Sales and KPI reporting & analysis covering 6 countries, working closely with the APAC directors and country managers to provide meaningful insight and commentary into trading conditions
• Finance Business Partner to Visual Merchandising, Buying, Store Design & Repairs & Maintenance teams. This involves conducting monthly finance meetings to challenge and understand cost spends, issuing monthly P&Ls, accruing relevant costs as appropriate and assisting with quarterly forecasting and yearly budgeting processes with the teams
• Monthly reporting and analysis on freight costs working closely with the Head of Logistics
• Setting up and providing reporting & analysis on Store Consumable/Packaging usage and spend. Working with the Head of Retail and Head of Logistics, Warehouse, IT, to improves processes, and reduce costs. Also to be a key member in the upcoming procurement review and supplier selection process
• Help develop automated monthly and weekly analysis on company Margins by department and channel
• Be proactive in improving weekly reporting and month end processes to be more streamlined, quicker and more accurate.
• Detailed monthly review of ledger for relevant P&L lines to ensure costs have been correctly coded. After month end, review actuals costs have come in line with accruals.
• Developing a reporting and analysis suite for to Europe & Middle East wholesale business working closely with the Head of Europe & Middle East
• Other adhoc analysis as required by Commercial Finance Manager
• Time management and organizational skills.
• Accuracy and quality of analysis.
• Ability to meet deadlines and re-prioritise workload as required.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
• Retail experience an advantage but not essential
• Cost reporting & control experience an advantage but not essential
• SUN systems experience an advantage
• Newly or Part qualified CIMA
• Strong data analysis skills and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Motivated, positive and flexible attitude and ability and desire to take personal ownership & responsibility.
• Likes to be proactive and take initiative to improve processes
• Possess good oral communication and presentation skills
To apply for this role please send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating salary expectations to email@example.com.