Job profile: Import Assistant
Reports to: Production Manager
Key accountabilites & responsibilities:
• Raising/amending/sending out PO to suppliers in timely manner.
• Ensure a high level of data integrity/ accuracy in raising PO's. Effectively used a PO system and be able to interrogate it regarding PO queries.
• Managing shipment authorisation approval with the freight forwarder using their track and trace system in align with SLA.
• Monitor supplier delivery schedule and review supplier on time delivery and tackle any challenges or late deliveries with suppliers, freight forwarders and DC.
• Working closely with nominated freight forwarders to ensure timely and seamless delivery of stock into the DC and ensuring that unnecessary delay charges are not incurred.
• Ensuring that any delays to shipment/delivery are communicated to relevant B&M team.
• Managing day to day issues from suppliers, B&M teams, DC and 3PL (SEKO and Davies Turner).
• Provide accurate information to B&M, Production manager and Head of Supply Chain via the delivery schedule from upstream system. Attend weekly delivery/planning meeting with the B&M team.
• Ensuring supplier invoices matches stock received into the UK DC and the cost price matches Maginus system prior to signing off invoices
• Dealing with supplier delivery compliance issues and ensure non-compliance fine is issued to relevant supplier within a timely manner.
• Liaising with the DC team on any deliveries discrepancies
• Managing requests of cloth dispatch and components for Home department.
• Timeliness and accuracy of PO raising in line with critical path
• Maintain actual intake forecast reporting by updating exit and delivery date on PO weekly
• Providing shipment approval to 3rd party nominated carrier within 24 hours
• To achieve one week turn around on invoice signing back to Finance (with exception of any queries to invoice)
• Competent in MS office applications (especially Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Able to analyse data and manipulate using pivot tables and formulas
• Retail commercial awareness
• Good working knowledge of FOB and Landed buying term and procedure
• An operational knowledge of the freight industry and lead times
• Sound understanding of buying process and an end-to-end supply chain awareness
Knowledge, skills & experience:
• Excellent communication and ability to build rapport and develop collaborative working relationship with colleagues, suppliers and others at all levels
• Excellent skills at working within a team
• Flexible, 'can do' approach to tasks
• Good analytical skills and keen attention to detail
• Previous supplier/intake management experience
To apply for this role please send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating salary expectations to email@example.com.